Saturday, January 17, 2009

Colorado Springs

It has been one full week in Colorado Springs.  There are about 35 interns and long term volunteers going to the various eMi offices.  It has been so great to be around so many like minded people.  In that same vein, so many experienced minister/engineers are here.  My goal has been to keep my mouth shut and listen as much as possible.

The culture training was eye opening, and really prepared us I think for the countries we will be traveling to.  Also, a big part of the week has been a strengths test, personality test, spiritual gifts test, and testimony preparation.  For anyone that is curious I am an extrovert who cares about peoples feelings with vague engineering tendencies.  Also I naturally gifted in the areas of Developing, Connectedness, Belief, Communication, and Positivity, according to Strengths Finder 2.0.  it was such a blessing to talk about gifts and personality in the context of missions.  However, the biggest blessing was hearing my team's testimonies.  God has been so good in our lives.

Colorado is beautiful.  Hiking is wonderful.  People are awesome.

We leave for Uganda on monday.  Pray for safe travel, freedom from fear, and a smooth transition to the Culture.  I will be working out on a construction site about an hour from Jinja, one of the major cities.  I couldn't be more nervous or excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just took a training class at A&M called "Now, Discover Your Strengths" and we used the Strengths Finder 2.0! So I know what that means! My natural strengths are Learner, Harmony, Input, Individualization, and Responsibility. Hahaha.. I just thought this was so funny that you did this too!