Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trouble With the Present

I am very excited about working in Uganda. Most people probably consider that to be a given, but it bears repeating. Also, this fact helps explain the trouble with my current situation. The trouble is that I am not in Uganda.

A midterm rapidly approaches, there is a grad school application to complete, and there are so many people around me that mean so much to me. But I just want to get on that plane. I don't procrastinate when it comes to the trip, support letters are squared away, I already got my shots.

Why am I struggling so much when it comes to studying for this midterm? Why am I not spending time with people that I care about?

I need grace to live in the present.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

i know exactly what you mean...it was like once I got the internship here in maui in april, i just peaced out on the world. My head knew i needed to hang out with people i love and enjoy that time, but i so wanted to just be here.

i look back on all that time, and really do wish i would have enjoyed the moment.

i love what you said- grace to live in the present.

We get so excited to move on to the future, we forget about all the little things that make the future worthwhile, you know?

praying that you make the most of your time, and praying for prep for uganda! love you, sweet friend.

Kercho said...

hey broseph...i want to get lunch before your leave, or for that matter hang out with you for an extended period of time.

my address:

1314 Antone St
Bryan, TX, 77803

I'd love a letter

Sull said...

What I can say is that I feel EXACTLY THE SAME!!

There is so much to do before go and I want to spend time with friends and family, and it doesn't look like I'll have time for all this!!

I need grace too!!!