Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Started

It is all coming together. I found out two weeks ago on October 3rd that I would be travelling to Uganda in January. While there, I will work on one or several engineering projects with Engineering Ministries International. EMI is a Christian non-profit that does development work in the third world, designing schools, orphanages, clean water systems, you name it.

Their website, which you should check out, is http://www.emiworld.org/

The first hurdle is the support letter. I just got it back from Megan (the Uganda intern coordinator) with comments, and they will be going out soon. The one issue right now is that my name is misspelled on the official endorsement letter from EMI, so I need to get that cleared up before I can send anything out.

There is a facebook group to receive prayer updates, and for anyone that wants to support me financially.

What else... Oh yeah! Shots! (not the kind you drink, I don't like liquor). I need 5 immunizations including Typhoid, Yellow Fever, and Hepatitis A to name a few. My Dad is in the Air Force and hooked me up with a clinic in San Antonio where I can get everything I need, including Malaria meds! The catch is that San Antonio is a 3 hour drive from College Station, so I will be getting all 5 in one go. I hope they are all in the arm. The drive back is a lot of sitting...

No comments: